Sunday, October 5, 2014

BOOK FAIR AND FOUL
Book 4 in the Ashton Corners 
Book Club Mystery series
By Erika Chase

For the mystery book lovers of Ashton Corners,
burial plots tell the most intriguing stories.


The members of the Ashton Corners Mystery Readers and Cheese Straws Society are all chipping in as Molly Mathews, now owner of the bookstore the Book Nook, prepares the first annual Mystery Book Fair. While gossip circulates about the guest authors, club member Lizzie Turner is unpleasantly surprised to see a certain book publicist make an appearance. It seems Lizzie has a history with Ashley Dixon—a chapter of her life she’d rather leave closed.

But when someone gives Ashley a death sentence, Lizzie becomes the prime suspect in a murder mystery she can’t put down. Now Lizzie and her fellow book buffs have to read between the lines of the publicist’s past and catch the real killer before Lizzie is written off for good.


This is another great addition to the Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery series!

BOOK FAIR AND FOUL is book 4 is the delightful series. When I read the first in this series, A KILLER READ, I knew this was a series I was going to follow enjoy.

This was a well written and enjoyable story. I’m a visual person, so when I read a book and I can picture clearly everything the author is describing, it truly enhances the story for me. There wasn’t one scene in this book that I didn’t feel like I was a part of.

I have fallen in love the characters in this series all over again, and if Ashton Corners really existed, I’d be packing my bags and moving. The first thing I’d do is look up the folks of the Ashton Corners Mystery Readers and Cheese Straws Society and begging them to let me join their group. Along with my comment above about being able to visualize the scenes I’m reading, I also can’t enjoy a book if I can’t connect at least a few the characters. More likely than not, I will give up on a book if I can’t make that connection. With the Ashton Corners Book Club Mysteries, Ms. Chase has created an entire cast that I enjoy knowing and learning more about.

As for the mystery aspect of this book, it is very well done. The author leads you down many paths of “it could be…”.  There were several suspects in the murder of book publicist, Ashley Dixon, and I was sure I had it figured out. However, who did it and why they did it really took me by surprise.


This is another wonderful cozy (traditional) mystery series for readers just starting the genre, and diehard cozy readers alike. This is also a great transitional series for young readers moving up to the next reading level. 

BOOK FAIR AND FOUL
is available at your local bookstore
or online book seller.




As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Please follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! This is a series I need to read soon....it sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete