Thursday, February 25, 2016


MURDER SHE WROTE
KILLER IN THE KITCHEN
Book 43 in the Murder She Wrote Mysteries 
by Jessica Fletcher & Donald Bain


In the latest mystery in the USA Today bestselling series, there’s a battle brewing between two eateries, and Jessica Fletcher will have to get cooking to find a killer...

A BEEF WITH LEBOEUF
 
Jessica loves the Fin & Claw restaurant, owned by young Cabot Cove couple Brad and Marcie. The eatery is the couple’s dream come true, but it’s quickly turning into a nightmare.
 
Famed chef GĂ©rard Leboeuf has decided to open his brand of bistro right next to theirs. Given the competition, the charming chef’s manner soon turns sour. Tensions rise hot and fast until they boil over, leading to a nasty confrontation between Leboeuf and Brad.
 
So when one chef is found with a knife planted in his chest, the other becomes the prime suspect. But there’s a long list of those who had a motive to kill in this kitchen war, and it’s up to Jessica to uncover who really added murder to the menu.

MY REVIEW

NOTE: This review is from the hardcover edition I reviewed in 2015. I left the review as written then. I have since read other Murder, She Wrote books.


I’ve never read a Murder, She Wrote book and doubt I would have if I hadn’t been sent this one to review. My reason for not reading one? When I was a little girl I saw a movie called Bedknobs & Broomsticks with Angela Lansbury and she scared me to pieces! LOL So, I never watched the Murder, She Wrote TV show and never read the books. That being said, my apologies to Angela Lansbury, I’m sure she’s is a wonderful woman, and to Donald Bain, it was nothing personal to him.

On to my review.
                 
I really liked this book!

KILLER IN THE KITCHEN is #43 in the series, and if the first 42 were anywhere as enjoyable, I have indeed been missing out.

The story was so well written. While reading, I was taken back to the times I “listened” to my parents watch Murder, She Wrote. Author Donald Bain does an incredible job of keeping the voice of the show alive.

The mystery was very compelling. I found myself turning page after page needing to see what would happen next. The next thing I knew, I was at the end of the book and telling myself, this may have been my first Murder, She Wrote, but it won’t be my last.

Available March 1!

Pre-order today!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!


Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. I loved the Murder, She Wrote show. Try to envision Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Potts, in Beauty and the Beast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the show...I really need to read the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the show, and this week, while I was under the weather, I have been watching reruns of the show. Nice! I really should read some of the books...

    ReplyDelete