Sunday, November 13, 2016


GEM HUNTER
Book 1 in the Alex Kustodia Mysteries
by Vicki Vass


Alexandra Kustodia searches for rare gems in the most remote areas of the world. Descended from a long line of Russian jewelers her family’s fate is tied into the legacy of the imperial family. Secrets from the past haunt her dreams as a killer hunts her. With her beloved borzoi, Hunter, by her side, Alexandra travels to Russia to unlock the secrets that hold the answers to her fate. Like her mother before her, Alexandra has the gift to touch gems and get a glimpse into the lives of the people who owned them. She walks the line between her visions and reality Alexandra is the gem hunter.

MY REVIEW


Indiana Jones meets Laura Croft, and there you have Alexandra “Alex” Kustodia, one of the strongest, most determined female protagonists to grace the pages in a cozy mystery.

I’m mentally kicking myself as I write this review. I have had GEM HUNTER in my “To-be-read” stack for longer than I care to admit. It got shuffled around as things were moved and I lost track of it. Well, I have now found it, read it, and been on an exciting journey like no other! I was out of breath by the time I got to the last page.

If you’re looking for your typical cozy mystery, you won’t find it between the covers of GEM HUNTER. What you will find is an exhilarating adventure, written with the same guidelines that make cozies popular with so many, including myself. Free of violence, (the gruesome sort), bad language, and racy bedroom scenes, this book is an “adventure cozy” that will have your heart racing for more! GEM HUNTER is also the prefect book to get tweens, and young adults moved on to a new reading level. There really is something for everyone in the family in this one!

A fellow reviewer, Karen M. Owen, mentioned that this book would make a great movie or series. She is so right! Along with my comparison to Indiana Jones, and Tomb Raider, fans of The Librarians movies and series, will also love this book. My suggestion to Hollywood . . . get in contact with author Vicki Vass ASAP and option the Alex Kustodia Mysteries! 


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. This sounds like a great book. Happy Sunday, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review & I have to read this series. Treasure & relic hunting is my major weakness & passion. I love the author & really enjoy her Antique Hunters Books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your great review. Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just picked up an earlier book to try this author!!!
    Oneponychick66@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete