Saturday, August 26, 2017


OH, FUDGE!
Book 6 in the Candy-Coated Mysteries
by Nancy Coco


Life is always sweet in Allie McMurphy’s delectable fudge shop. But murder can make things unpleasantly sticky . . . 
 
A DEADLY CONFECTION
 
After Allie inherited her family’s McMurphy Hotel and Fudge Shop, cousin Tori moved off to California in a bitter huff, and the two haven’t spoken since. So to have her cousin reappear on Mackinac Island without warning is a big surprise—but not as surprising as finding her standing over a dead woman impaled with a garden spade in the Mackinac Butterfly House. Butterflies may be free, but Tori won’t be for much longer—unless the cousins can bury the hatchet and work together to catch a killer who’s taken flight. Because when it comes to family, blood is thicker than fudge . . .

MY REVIEW


Another sweet confection of mystery and murder from author Nancy Coco.

When I first heard about the Candy-Coated Mystery series, I was excited for two reasons. 1) I have had a long love affair with Mackinac Island since the first time I saw the movie Somewhere In Time. I’m going to get there one day. 2) Fudge. I mean, come on . . . FUDGE!

In book six of this tasty series, author Coco has outdone herself. Books one through five were all wonderful, but I simply couldn’t stop reading OH, FUDGE! for even a second. She had me locked in with the first five words . . . The Mackinac Island Butterfly House. Coco brought it so to life, I honestly felt the butterflies flitting past me.

I loved being back at the McMurphy Hotel and Fudge Shop with Allie, and the entire cast of characters. It’s always like getting together with old friends. You know, if one of your old friends is always involved in murder. ;-) Other than that, it’s like paradise!

Of course, I can’t forget to mention the mystery. Or should I say mysteries? Hmmm . . . What I can say is, from the first chapter on, OH, FUDGE! had nothing but excitement, mayhem, laughter, confusion, and repeat, do it again, and more! The author really had me running in circles trying to figure this one out. I was quite breathless by the end of the story.

Take all of the above, and add in the fudge recipes sprinkled throughout the book, and you have a perfect cozy mystery. Seriously, you will need to set aside a day to read OH, FUDGE!, because you’re going to have as hard a time as I did putting it down!


Available now for pre-order
Release date
August 29!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Want to follow my blog? 
Click on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa! Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisa! I need to catch up on this series. Enjoy it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would do a review of my novel DEATH IS FOR THE DYING?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you be able to review my novel DEATH IS FOR THE DYING?

    ReplyDelete